Today in class we started off by getting new seats. As we found are seats, we turned in our Frankenstein books and received a copy of The Picture of Dorian Gray. If you would like to still purchase a copy, you can, make sure to have it for Monday! We then discussed the outline for the Dorian Grey art project and agreed that it looked good. The link can be found here Finalize Dorian Gray final projec .While we discussed the project, Smith passed around a sign up sheet for fishbowls we will be having on our new book. The fishbowls will start on Wednesday, so make sure to see Smith and sign up if you have not.
After we were done discussing our project, we watched a video called Painting makes you happy and saw what ideas of what we could possibly use for our own self-portraits. If you would like to try what is seen in this video click this link http://bit.ly/18BsMYX .
For the rest of class we filled out a questionnaire and discussed our answers by going to either the true or false side of the room. Smith told us to be completely honest as we responded to the statements that she gave us. Our class had good discussions on why believed what we did.
- Read chapters one and two of The Picture of Dorian Gray
- Answer these questions on sticky notes or in book (if it is your own copy) as you read:
- Who is the creator?
- Who/ what is the creation?
- Have your medium and two selfies for Monday
- Medium- canvas, poster, cardboard,etc.
- Selfies- One of how others view you, and one of how you view yourself
Have a good weekend!