The posters are now posted on the wall on the right hand side of the room.
The class then watched an interview of Yann Martel, which can be seen if you click the link below.
We then answered questions regarding the interview.
1. What does Martel say novels do that no other art forms do?
2. Why does Martel think that novels are the last true form of democracy?
3. What does he say is the connection between art and religion?
4. What does he think about stories that are too heavy-handed in morals?
5. What's he talking about with passionate detachment?
6. What predictions, based on the interview, can you make about Life of Pi?
Your Name Essay
Life of Pi copy for Monday
Your Name Essay Directions can be found on the webpage.